Eibar vs Villarreal Prediction, Preview, Lineups & Betting Tips
Eibar have lost their recent two La Liga encounters without scoring a goal, but this week is a big chance to get firing at the “Estadio Municipal de Ipurúa” once again after the visit of Barcelona 10 days ago. The 0-2 home loss to potential champions Barca has been followed by a disappointing 0-2 defeat from Celta in Vigo, so Jose Luis Mendilibar’s men will be keen to end their goal drought when “The Yellow Submarine” arrives in town.
Villarreal have been knocked out of the Europa League competition, losing to Lyon in both occasions, so Javier Calleja’s men now are entirely focused over the La Liga schedule. Under certain circumstances, if Valencia (4th) lose in Bilbao and Villarreal (5th) wins in Eibar, the gap between “The Yellow Submarine” and their regional rivals can be reduced to five points, which can give some hopes that Villarreal can claim a top 4 position in following weeks of the 2017-18 La Liga campaign.
In the meantime, a home win would reduce the gap between Eibar and Villarreal to 3 points only, so Los Armeros have their own motives to chase the three points, besides a fact they would love to put an end of the goalless run.
Quick Stats and Facts
– Eibar have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 4 La Liga games against Villarreal.
– Both teams have scored in four out of five most recent meetings between Eibar and Villarreal.
– Both teams have scored in each of the last 3 matches between both sides played in Eibar – 2:1, 1:2, 1:1.
– There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Eibar’s last 7 La Liga games.
– Villarreal were with three consecutive away wins in the La Liga, before losing 1-2 to Real Betis and drawing against Espanyol (1-1) earlier this month.
– – Eibar have won 5 of their last 8 home La Liga matches – 5 wins, 1 draw, 2 defeats. However, only one of the wins came in the last four home games, but the two defeats were from the top La Liga sides – Barcelona and Atletico Madrid, respectively.
Find out the possible starting lineups of Eibar and Villarreal, as well as our betting prediction with the highest betting odds available on the selected market.
Possible Lineups of Eibar and Villarreal
Venue: “Estadio Municipal de Ipurúa”, Eibar.
Referee: Mario Melero Lopez.
SD Eibar: Marko Dmitrovic – Jose Angel, Anaitz Arbilla, Paulo Oliveira, Ander Capa – Takashi Inui, Joan Jordan, Dani Garcia, Fabian Orellana – Charles, Kike Garcia. (4-4-2)
Missing players: Vukasin Jovanovic (knee), Ivan Ramis (muscle), Fran Rico (knee) and Sergi Enrich (meniscus tear) are all injured.
Villarreal CF: Sergio Asenjo – Antonio Rukavina, Victor Ruiz, Alvaro Gonzalez, Mario Gaspar – Roberto Soriano, Manu Trigueros, Rodrigo “Rodri” Hernandez, Samu Castillejo – Enes Ünal, Carlos Bacca. (4-4-2)
Missing players: Jaume Costa is suspended, Andres Fernandez, Ruben Semedo (muscle), Bruno Soriano (leg) are all injured, while Nicola Sansone (calf) is questionable.