Olympique Marseille vs Nantes Prediction, Preview, Lineups & Betting Tips
Although Nantes have one of the good away records in the Ligue 1, a journey to the “Stade Velodrome” is no easy prospect, especially when Olympique Marseille will be keen to resurrect after two consecutive heavy 0-3 defeats by rivals PSG. Furthermore, both Le Classique defeats have been preceded by a loss in Braga, marking an overall losing streak of three games in a row.
Now, couple of days before an upcoming UEFA Europa League Round of 16 tie with Athletic Bilbao, Olympique will have a chance to return on the winning path when they still hold a five-point lead over fourth-placed Lyon.
Meanwhile, Les Canaris are travelling to France’s south coast after a disappointing home loss to Amiens SC (0-1), which marks a winless run of four games – 2 draws and 2 defeats. Nantes’ last victory came in end of January when they’ve won 3-0 in Guingamp, which makes them one of the top-six Ligue 1 sides by points won away from home – 19 points in 14 away games. However, another negative result for Claudio Ranieri’s men may put the eventual top six finish under serious threat since there are several other clubs which have improved their form and hope for a better positioning at the end.
Find out the possible starting lineups of Olympique Marseille and Nantes, as well as our betting prediction with the highest betting odds available on the selected market.
Quick Stats and Facts
– Olympique Marseille have won 4 of their last 6 home matches against Nantes in all competitions.
– Olympique Marseille have won the last meeting between both sides: 0-1 in Nantes on 12 August 2017, when Lucas Ocampos has scored a late winner.
– Olympique Marseille are unbeaten at home since 10 September 2017 when they’ve lost 1-3 vs Rennes. Rudi Garcia’s men have 12 wins and 3 draws in all competitions ever since.
– Nantes have lost one of their last 7 away games (all competitions) only – 3 wins, 3 draws.
– Nantes have scored at least one goal in 14 of their last 15 away matches in all competitions.
Possible Starting Lineups of Olympique Marseille and Nantes
Venue: “Stade Vélodrome”, Marseille.
Referee: Antony Gautier.
Olympique Marseille: Steve Mandanda – Hiroki Sakai, Adil Rami, Rolando, Jordan Amavi – Luiz Gustavo, Andre Zambo Anguissa – Florian Thauvin, Morgan Sanson, Dimitri Payet – Valere Germain. (4-2-3-1)
Missing players: Kostas Mitroglou is injured, Gregory Sertic is doubtful.
FC Nantes: Ciprian Tatarusanu – Lucas Lima, Nicolas Pallois, Diego Carlos, Leo Dubois – Andrei Girotto, Abdoulaye Toure – Yassine El Ghanassy, Valentin Rongier, Santy Ngom – Emiliano Sala. (4-2-3-1)
Missing players: Koffi Djidji, Adrien Thomasson, Prejuce Nakoulma and Kalifa Coulibaly are all injured.